Motor Body Constructions (Pty) Ltd are one of our countries leading body and trailer manufacturers specializing in all aspects of truck and trailer body manufacture and we recommend them highly as suppliers. Many of our custom built units are manufactured by them.
MBC.jpg (8784 bytes)
Motor Body Constructions (Pty) Ltd
1. Motor Body Constructions (Pty) Ltd (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Company’) warrants its Truck Bodies, Tipper Bodies, Trailers, Semi-Trailers, Tankers, Refuse Bodies, Closed Bodies and Hydraulic Tailgates to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service, to the original owner only, for a period of TWELVE (12) MONTHS or TEN THOUSAND (10 000) kilometres (whichever expires first), commencing from the time the product is delivered to the original owner thereof.
2. This warranty will become void and of no force or effect whatsoever when any of the above-mentioned products; or
a) are used to carry loads exceeding their rated capacity; or
b) have been altered or repaired outside of the Company’s factory in anyway without the Company’s prior written consent so as in its judgment to affect their capacity, stability; or
c) have been subject to misuse, neglect, dirt, damage by accident, damage due to the use of improper or unsuitable oils or other lubrication; or
d) have been improperly used or not maintained in accordance with the Company’s recommendations; or
e) have had any or all of the Company’s identification marks altered, obliterated, removed or concealed; or
f) have had any parts thereof damaged by reason of defects in other parts of the unit not covered by this warranty.
a) The Company makes no warranty in respect of trade accessories manufactured by others, the same being subject to warranties, if any, of their respective manufacturers.
b) Trade components, including engines, pumps, hydraulic cylinders power take-offs, axles, wheels, parts, etc. are only guaranteed on behalf of their makers insofar as they are guaranteed by their makers. No warranty in respect thereof is given by the Company itself and the Company shall not be liable for any defects therein.
4. This warranty is expressly limited to the replacement or repair at its factory at Germiston or such other place that the Company may designate, of any such products or parts of such products as shall be returned to it within the period or up to the kilometres obtained, refer to clause 1 above, with transportation charges pre-paid by the owner, and which shall appear to its satisfaction and upon its judgment, upon inspection at such factory or other places designated by it, to have been defective in material or workmanship under normal use and service.
5. This warranty does not obligate the Company to bear the costs of labour in replacing defective parts, which costs shall be payable by the owner, if claimed thermophore by the Company.
6. This warranty does not obligate the Company to bear the costs of loss of production, time, transportation charges or any other consequential damages which the owner may suffer.
7. The Company reserves the right, under its product improvement policy, to change design or construction details and to furnish equipment without reference to specification.
8. No warranty, express or implied, is made or authorized to be made and no obligation is assumed or authorized to be assumed with respect to the products of the Company other than that herein set forth.