(Specification for Construction Site or Non-Assized Diesel Tanker)
1. The tank will be elliptical in cross section, manufactured from 5mm thick mild steel plate with 5mm mild steel plate machine pressed dished ends.
2. The tank will have one compartment.
3. Adequate internal longitudinal baffles will be fitted in each compartment to combat transverse surge caused by operation with partly filled components.
4. A double mild steel valance of inverted "Vee" section of sufficient strength to support the full length of the tank contents and chassis combined, and also to absorb impact forces in the event of the vehicle overturning will be continuously welded around the top of the tank, including both ends, and will be complete with double drain tubes, front and rear and left and right, running outside of the tank to below chassis level. A non-slip catwalk will be supplied inside of this valance on top of the tank.
5. An access ladder to the catwalk will be provided on the near side, at the end of the tank nearest the cab affixed at the top of the valance and at the bottom to the tank mounting pedestals.
6. The tank will be mounted on the chassis frame by means of mild steel pedestals welded to the tank with full width doubling plates, rubber block of minimum thickness 50mm and ‘U’ bolts around the chassis members, all to dimensions and design of proven efficiency.
7. An approved petrol type manhole cover size 350mm x 400mm with pressure and vacuum venting for normal and emergency breathing will be fitted to each compartment.
8. A 50mm Brass valve will be fitted between the tank and meters.
9. Mild steel mudguards of robust constructions, complete with HD Mud flaps will be fitted over the rear axle wheels.
10. Substantial mild steel bumper will be fitted in the rear. The complete vehicle will be supplied complete and fitted with all reflectors and chevrons as required by all Provincial Traffic Ordinance. Reversing lights, supplied by the chassis supplier will be fitted into or onto the bumper as optional extra.
11. One 9Kg dry powder chemical fire extinguisher and mounting bracket will be supplied and fitted onto the off side behind the vehicle cab and in close proximity to the emergency valve release operator handle.
12. Exterior painting of the tank, chassis and all external components will be to specifications supplied by customer.